Thursday, August 6, 2009

Let Down

I just got word that the interview from Friday did not "materialize." While that position wasn't my ideal position, it is getting down to the wire. I am feeling a little let down and second-guessing my abilities. I feel like I've had great success the last two years of teaching and that my students learned a lot. However, now, after three failed interviews, I'm starting to wonder if I'm really not as great of a teacher as I thought I was. I mean, of course, there is always room for improvement, and I am in no way the best teacher ever..but...I didn't think it'd be this hard getting a job here. I'm not really sure what it is that I'm doing wrong. I don't get it because the placement team says that the principals say I had a great interview and was very qualified...yet...I'm not being hired.

I know I shouldn't worry, because I know that it will all work out. I know that the job that is made for me will come open at the right time. I know that there is a contingency plan. It still makes me anxious and nervous. School starts on the 24th....and teachers go back on Monday....

I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and my prayers a going....

1 comment:

  1. I was in AmeriCorpsNCCC for two years and the the time was worth a life time of positive experiences. I wish you the best in your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete